Individualized Approach to Illinois Healthcare
IlliniCare Health is committed to improving the health of the community one individual at a time through affordable and reliable health care plans.
We do this through our focus on the individual, whole health, and active local involvement.
- Focus on individuals. We believe treating people with kindness, respect and dignity empower healthy decisions and that healthier individuals create more vibrant families and communities.
- Whole health. We believe in treating the whole person, not just the physical body.
- Active local involvement. We believe local partnerships enable meaningful, accessible healthcare.
IlliniCare Health Healthcare Options
Our Illinois health insurance offerings are founded on this commitment to focus on the individual, helping to make understanding Illinois health care plans easier and more affordable. We provide comprehensive, coordinated healthcare services to improve quality and outcomes for our members.
- IlliniCare Health is a managed care organization (MCO) contracted with the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) to provide health services for Medicaid recipients under the HealthChoice Illinois plan. This is a statewide plan, covering all counties in Illinois.
- IlliniCare Health was selected to provide health services for youth in care and youth formerly in care of the Department of Children and Family Service (DCFS). This statewide program will go into effect February 1, 2020.
- IlliniCare Health partners with HFS and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as one of the six managed care organizations participating in the Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative (MMAI). This plan is available in the greater Chicagoland area.
- IlliniCare Health offers health insurance plans on the Health Insurance Marketplace under Ambetter Insured by Celtic. These plans are available in Cook and DuPage counties. For more information about Ambetter Insured by Celtic, visit Ambetter.IlliniCare.com.
IlliniCare Health is staffed by local, passionate employees. Our staff is devoted to improving the health of the people we serve. They are made up of doctors, nurses, behavioral health case workers, and social workers. We employ local experts because our members deserve the best. We have the experience and knowledge to help coordinate care for our members. Our passionate staff is dedicated to ensuring our members get the best service and care to improve their overall health.
Our Parent Company
Centene Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides a portfolio of services to government-sponsored healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Many receive benefits provided under Medicaid, including the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD), Foster Care and Long Term Care (LTC), in addition to other state-sponsored/hybrid programs and Medicare (Special Needs Plans). The Company operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. It also contracts with other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health management, care management software, correctional healthcare services, dental benefits management, in-home health services, life and health management, managed vision, pharmacy benefits management, specialty pharmacy and telehealth services.